Sunday, March 29, 2009

99.5%

I went to church at PCC this morning and the message was about 99.5%. Danny Cox mentioned that only 0.5% of our time would be spent in church on Sunday morning and that really got me to thinking. What about the other 99.5% (which was his point). Whether or not I go to church is not necessarily what makes the difference, it is really what I do with the other 99.5%. At our bible study on camp last Thursday we talked about really trying to live this relationship with Jesus day in and day out. Checking our hearts and how do we do that...by checking out hearts to what the bible says, allowing the Spirit to lead us and interacting with others (both Jesus people and those who aren't Jesus followers). Obviously I got something from going to church as I was challenged, just one of many ways God uses people to touch us. I am also reading a book by *Brother Yun a Chinese Christian called Living Water and the first chapter talks about our need to repent in the context of truly turning our lives over to Christ. He talks about a missionary to China who was bringing other missionaries in China to Christ. I realized that there are many "Christians" who need to come to Jesus...as I begin to search my heart I realize I may very well be one. Needless to say this has all hit me this weekend and I am looking at my spiritual journey wanting to be diligent with following and pursuing this faith I have. I don't want to go through the motions and if I am not taking 0.5% of my time going to church Sunday mornings then what am I doing with 100% of my time to grow in this walk with Jesus.

*When searching for a link to Brother Yun I found some controversy surrounding him being a heretic. Upon further search I found this open letter by his co-author that seems to support and clear up the controversy. I can say that whether or not he speaks for God what he has said has pointed me in the right direction in my faith Phil 1:12-20

No comments:

Post a Comment