Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why It Stings

Just watched the Cards lose in a great Super Bowl game. I love great football games and the Cards did themselves proud. They weren't supposed to be there and then when they got there they came to play. It was a heartbreak of a loss and I was wondering why it bothers me so much. I think it is because I got so into the game, and then it took me back to my Sr. year at Pittsburg State University where we won every game of our season except the National Championship. (I know it is hard to believe but NCAA division II actually has playoffs...what a concept.) I know the heartbreak of losing the big game. I know in the grand scheme of things it is not that important, it isn't that big of a deal compared to my faith, but still I know the sting of giving it your all and coming up short. I am glad that God, my family and my friends love me when I give it my all and come up short.
What a game! Congrats to the Cards!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment