Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Opposite

I don't know if any one (of the 1 person who reads this) are fans of Seinfeld, but there is an episode where George starts doing the opposite of his every instinct and his life gets better. At one point his girlfriend says "Who are you George Constanza?" and George replies "The opposite of every guy you have ever known."

Contrary to popular belief, I think a lot and lately I have been thinking a lot about my faith. It is good because as I consider what I believe my faith gets stronger. I can't say I have really been doubting or questioning in a "is this true" sense as much as pondering the bedrock of my beliefs. And I end up asking "Who are You God of the Universe?" I doubt He answers like George did, but I do think we as humans struggle to truly understand Him. How do the complexities of an infinite God fit into our finite brain? So what or who is God?
God is love
God is just
God is holy
God is righteous
God is giving
God is servant?
Whoa...I don't usually think of God the Father as a servant, but Jesus was fully God and fully man. In Jesus I think we get our best picture of who God is, but I still want to guess what Jesus was thinking, I want to guess what God is thinking and I think that can be adding to the Scriptures and I don't want to be in that boat.
So I think there is some mystery in who God is, I think I need to continue to tune in to the Holy Spirit in my life and read the many faceted diamond - the bible. I need to be comfortable with what I know of God and what I may never know until I see him face to face. Until then I know that I love this God who loves.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment