Monday, January 12, 2009

The Start of a Blog

I have been thinking of starting a blog but thought I might just "blog" on facebook, in that way those who are my friends can keep up. I am not sure if I will be consistent, but there are times when I enjoy writing to express how I feel or what is going on in my life.
Currently I have been thinking about my faith, where I am in my journey with Jesus. There have been some crazy things that have brought me to this place, but I am in a good place. I really feel as though I am closer to Jesus than I have been in a while. Over Christmas I read quite a bit from the book of John and it has been good. I love reading what Jesus did on earth and learning more about him. I am far from perfect as a matter of fact I have picked up a few bad habits of late, but I think that is because rather than let Jesus deal with who I really am I have just hid them because of what other Christians might think of me. Really I want Jesus to change me, change my heart, change me from the inside out rather than me just trying to look good on the outside. I have found Jesus changing me, but not starting where I would start, he seems to be more concerned with how I view others than with making me look good to others. He has been working more on my attitude toward others than with how I look to others. I know I will continue to grow and change, but life is good and I am content with where he has me right now.
In other news, Will has been wrestiling and he went 2 - 2 yesterday at a Middle School tournament, that is pretty good for a 5th grader. He loves it and truth be told I enjoy it too. Karis is doing great at learning the piano. She loves it and works hard at it, she also loves to help with little kids and cook...now if we could just get her to clean. Gunner celebrated 4 years old today, we had a house full of 3 and 4 year olds and it was busy. We took the Socker Boppers (you know basically inflatable boxing gloves) out of their box after the boys left because we thought it would escalate quickly with boys hitting boys, and Gunner and his friend Gracie went at it, it was hilarious and they had so much fun.
Well those are my thought for the day, hope you enjoy your family as much as I do mine.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment