Monday, July 20, 2009

Coming Home

Today we found out that Dan is coming home Wednesday. I am not sure what happened since Friday when the therapists basically recommended another week, but he is coming home. I don't know if the insurance company didn't authorize another week or if Dan continues to improve at such a rate that he is ready for outpatient therapy, regardless he will be excited to be out of the hospital. I think there is probably a combination of his improvement rate and the fact that he will have help once he is home that is allowing him to leave, but I should have more info tomorrow. He does have a Dr. appt in Flag Monday to hopefully remove the braces and possibly get his hands looked at. We also hope he gets someone to look at his left eye and ear soon.

As far as the Medical Fund, we have around $5,000 so far and that includes money from the lemonade/brownie stand some of the full time camp staff kids have been running. I will find out how much we think we are going to need and an exact amount in the fund so we all know what we are shooting for.

In my feeble little mind I have no way to explain Dan's incredible progress than the hand of God. The number of people praying for him is incredible and I know that God will continue his work. Please continue to pray for his recovery, his patience, his family and the direction for his life.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment