Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Burnt Can Chicken

This evening I was all excited about grilling up some beer can chicken on my gas grill. Will and Karis were in the kitchen and we got the birds all prepped on their cans, covered in oil and Montreal chicken seasoning. Will started to give them their wedding vows...not sure why. Anyway after getting them all settled on the grill I was teaching Will and Karis how to properly clean the kitchen as far as their chores go thinking the chicken just needs to be in there for an hour or so before I check it...you know cook chicken low and slow. When I went to check my fine slow roasted birds this is what I found.




For some reason my wife thought this was funny and that I should blog about it. Fortunately there was some uncharred meat on the inside that was actually pretty good. I am thinking the oil caught on fire and well you get the idea. Oh well, if you can't laugh at yourself you are in trouble so here is my Burnt Bird on a Beer Can.

1 comment:

  1. I am crying and Jim almost peed his pants. That is stinkin' funny! All I can picture is Clark W Griswald dipping his burnt turnkey skin in water chewing it like jerky...OH MAN, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete