Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eye, eye!

So one thing I want to start doing better is writing on my blog. I have an uncle in Ks who checks it regularly so I want him to have something to read this year.

I went to the eye Dr. Friday (this is my local Dr. who will take care of me from here - not my surgeon) to get fitted for a new lens. The Dr. said we basically 3 options. One is to try and put a new posterior lens in, newer technology but all the connective tissue used to hold that lens was damaged and removed so that is not a good option at all. The second option (suggested by the surgeon) is an older style of lens an anterior lens. This a pretty good option as the lens is placed in front of where the original lens was, it has been around a long time and works pretty well. The down side is that at some point down the road I will likely have to have it replaced (15 - 20 years) and it isn't as good of technology as the other two options. The final option is to simply use a contact lens. Obviously this option is the least invasive and the simplest way to go. My local Dr. recommends this option at least to start with because there is no surgery, it gives my eye more time to heal and a contact can even correct scars on the cornea. I still have stitches in my eye and a contact can be used over the stitches and my Dr. would like to leave the stitches in longer as that helps it have less scar tissue on the cornea and will make sure it is completely healed. All this to say I will be getting a contact lens on Wednesday. I like this option for the fact it is easy, fast and high quality vision (I am hoping anyway). I also like it because it is not invasive and I can choose surgery as technology improves or if I don't like messing with a contact. So that is the plan for now, we will see how it goes and go from there.
K
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment